An interesting list of internet statistics related to 2012 had been compiled by Royal Pingdom, a monitoring company. These statistics are not only interesting to read, but are also helpful for various reasons to different social media experts and operators.
Some of the interesting statistics are given below, while the rest of them can be had by visiting this link:
1.Facebook passed 1 billion users in October 2012. Twitter passed 200 million users in December 2012.
2. Facebook had 2.7 billion Likes daily in 2012. There were 175 million tweets daily on Twitter. There were 5 billion +1 button uses on Google Plus daily.
3. Around 7 petabytes of photos were added to Facebook on a monthly basis in 2012.
4. An average age of a Twitter user is 37.3 years.
5. The total email users worldwide became 2.2 billion with 425 million users of Gmail, which makes it the largest email service in the world.
6. There are 634 million websites, with 51 million new websites added to the list annually. There are 246 million registered domain names for the year 2012 alone. However, there is no single list available at one place where all of these websites can be checked into.
7. There were 100 million .com domain names. There are 2.4 billion internet users globally.
8. Users conducted 1.2 trillion searches on Google in 2012.
9. Smartphones users in 2012 were 1.3 billion.
10. Around 4 billion hours of video was watched on YouTube monthly.